The National Theatre’s Drama Teacher Conference
The National Theatre’s Drama Teacher Conference is 2 days of inspiring professional development, exploring theatre practice through workshops, discussions and masterclass with a variety of fantastic theatre-makers. The weekend is taking place 21 – 22 February 2019.
The NT offer bursaries for teachers where appropriate, ranging from 25% off to a free place.
The line-up for the Drama Teacher Conference includes:
- Director Katie Mitchell (When We Have Sufficiently Tortured Each Other, Cleansed, Waves at the National Theatre)
- Physical theatre company Frantic Assembly (Movement Directors for The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time)
- Director Sally Cookson (Treasure Island, Peter Pan and Jane Eyre at the National Theatre)
- NT Head of Voice, Jeannette Nelson
- Jesse Jones, director and co-founder of devising company, Wardrobe Ensemble (Education, Education, Education)
- Verbatim company Lung Theatre (creators of Trojan Horse, E15, Chilcot)
- Puppeteers Toby Olié and Finn Caldwell (original War Horse cast and founders of Gyre and Gimble
- Curious Directive, a company focused on exploring theatre through the lens of science (Gastronomic, Frogman, Spindrift)
Teachers can attend one day or both, and the cost is £200 for both days and £150 for one.
To book, teachers need to visit the NT website here. If these costs are prohibitive, bursaries are available. If teachers attend Thursday, they will also receive a ticket for either Follies or Tartuffe here at the NT, and lunch is included on both days.
If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Eastaff, Secondary and Further Education Programme Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org