Rhythm Circle Digital Games Project
The Rhythm Circle Digital Games Project has just finished creating 3 online music games.
Whether you are a school teacher delivering whole class music lesson or a family looking for enrichment activities, these games are useful resources to support online learning.
The Rhythm Circle team would like to invite participants from the following target groups to trial their new games and offer feedback:
- Group A / primary school children aged 5 – 11 years old
- Group B / pre-school children aged 3 – 5 years old
- Group C / young people with special educational needs and disabilities
Musical Sudoku – a musical version of the well-known Sudoku game using musical symbols. Suitable for children aged 8 upwards
Dynamic Dots – a graphic score activity. A great multi-sensory way to introduce children to the concept of dynamics. Suitable for children from 3 upwards
Run Faster – a tempo game based on Jack and the Beanstalk. Choose the faster music to help Jack run faster away from the giant. Suitable for children from 3 upwards
Created to support neurodiverse children in their musical learning, these games all come with supporting extension activities – no need for previous musical experience.
To take part in the trials:
1) go to https://www.rhythmcircle.co.uk/Games
2) watch the video explainers to learn about the musical elements in these games via the ‘Resource’ buttons
3) play the games
4) send feedback via an online form or send an email to email@example.com
All games are currently being trialled until 7 May 2021.
This project is supported using public funding by Arts Council England from the National Lottery Project Grants fund.