Artsmark – Inspiring young people through the arts and culture
We believe every child should have the opportunity to create, compose, and perform, as well as to visit, experience, participate in and review extraordinary work.
Artsmark can help unlock the potential of children and young people, help to develop character and talent, and increase their knowledge and understanding. That’s why Artsmark was created: to bring this ambition to life in every classroom.
Awarded by Arts Council England, designed by schools, the new Artsmark award will help schools deliver a high quality arts and cultural education and provide an excellent way to demonstrate this. Across the country Artsmark is rewarding more and more schools for championing arts and culture. Any school, college or youth justice setting can apply. Artsmark schools gain access to exceptional resources as well as networks of the country’s most treasured cultural organisations, helping them develop and strengthen their arts provision.
Artsmark is the creative quality standard for schools and education settings, accredited by Arts Council England.
- Culture and creativity increases pupils’ confidence, critical thinking, communication and literacy skills, improving attainment and bringing core subjects to life.
- Artsmark provides a clear framework for teachers to plan, develop and evaluate arts, culture and creativity across the curriculum.
- Schools are supported throughout their Artsmark journey by a network of local partners, providing training, advice, practical teaching resources and introductions to leading cultural organisations in your area.
- Schools are awarded Silver, Gold or Platinum, based on their achievements. Any school setting can apply.
- Artsmark provides evidence of how a school meets its spiritual, moral, social and cultural requirements for Ofsted.
You can find out more about how Artsmark works here and register here. For more information email the RIO Artsmark team at email@example.com. Artsmark supports Arts Award which recognises the creative development of individual young people.
How Artsmark Works?
Artsmark has a common sense application process that is light on paperwork and flexible to how each school is run. It costs £500 (£250 for schools with fewer than 100 pupils). The fee includes the Development Day induction training for two members of staff and ongoing support from us. Find out more about how Artsmark works.
Any educational setting can apply for Artsmark. Find out more about who can apply and which settings Artsmark is not applicable to.